Thursday, May 26, 2005

Living

Ok, here it goes. Currently, I have to live with the following:

alopecia areata universalis
(My body just refuses to grow any hair, not necessarily a bad thing, I don't have to shave every morning)

plaque psoriasis
(Small lesions of red raised skin covered by dead skin cells, on the elbows and a bit on the hands. A bitch, really. Have to keep the areas in constant lubrication and the itching is sometimes really annoying)

physiologic myopia
(Can't see shit without glasses or contact lenses. Well, not really. But it's still impossible for me to do any work without them. Haven't been outside the house without glasses for at least 20 years...)

stenosing tenosynovitis
(the new one... hope it will go away after a few weeks of treatment, otherwise is the operating table for me)

Over the years I had to replace some of my teeth, had an operation on my nasal septum to straighten it a little and a cauterization of some part of the nose that I cannot remember what it was called.

There you have it... A living-breathing example of the fact that man is not a perfect machine...
Anyone know where someone can get good replacement parts? I hear Honda's gonna make the first bionic arms available real soon.

No comments: