Tuesday, January 11, 2005

DDJ (Dr. Dobbs Journal)

DDJ was the magazine I could never follow as a noob. I understood one out of every ten articles that were in there, but I kept coming back to it and used to buy a copy once a year.
So, I was amazed to find out that for 20USD I could get a subscription to the online version (distributed in .pdf format), full access to past archives, access to what is left of the once great Byte magazine (and of course the articles of Jerry Pournelle) and what appears to be the remnants of an early 1990s magazine called AI Expert...

AI Expert must have lasted a couple of years or so... Not exactly sure how long, but it mustn't have been longer that that. Discovering that it still exists, albeit in a bi-monthly newsletter form, really made my day...

So, here's a link I came across while reading some of the articles there. Although old, still quite interesting. And with an impressive title, too: "Virtual Urban Legends: Investigating the Ecology of the World Wide Web"


No comments: